Thursday, March 12, 2009

Resources

SplashUp - Online version of Photoshop
Picnik - Online photo editor
Photoscape - downloadable photo editor with color picker
Flickr Storm - Creative Commons photo resource
A1 Sound Effects - Sound effects placed in categories
Daily Wav - sound effects and clips
Flickr color selector - find images that match a certain color scheme
FotoFlexer - Online photo editor
Picasa - Dowload from Google
Video demo for Camera Shots http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1japIhKU9I&feature=related
Camera Angles Glossary http://www.mediaknowall.com/camangles.html
Tech help http://pblmm.k12.ca.us/TechHelp/VideoHelp/VideoGuide.html
http://www.audiosparx.com/sa/display/cat.cfm

4 comments:

  1. Well, daily way sure surprised me with it's greeting. Do you mean to tell me that some people actually do these things at work and send stuff to other people just to be funny? I guess I live in a different world. I checked these things out just to know what is available for special effects and images.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flicker Storm - another great image site. I like how when you paste it sites itself. Now are these sites available to kids or are they blocked?? This would be a great site for resources for drawings and great pictures to put in photostory or movie maker. Would these images work in Movie maker and Photostory?? Okay, I also need to comment on the daily way… I could share a few of those with some co-workers even though I don’t work in a cubical…

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice resources here! Thanks for the list.

    Splashup- tools look like photoshop, but my photos had trouble downloading into it to experiment. I will try again another day.

    Picnik was FUN! I LOVE it! It's like Picasa but with more fun tools. Easy to use and good for kids.

    Flikrstorm looked like beautiful professional photos, great images

    Dailywav was fun too, we found all sorts of clips from old movies and tv (Monty Python anyone?) lots of potential for humor here. Not so appropriate for kids though, the search option had some inappropriate words to search with and some clips had swearing in them. But, with some prep, you could make an archive for your students ahead of time...

    A1 Sound effects was a cheesy looking, flashy, ugly website but the sounds were good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the list of resources!
    Julie N

    ReplyDelete